Updated July 2021
Bytewrthy (“Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”) values the trust you place in us when you access our online services (collectively, our “Website”). This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your information. This Privacy Notice applies regardless of how you access or use the Website, including through mobile devices.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE, AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect, process, and retain information about you directly from you and the devices you use to interact with our Website, and in other ways described below. We collect “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information” which you choose to submit to us or which we collect automatically.
- “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information. You may choose to provide Personal Information to use our services, to register with us, to purchase products from us, or for other reasons, and including at our request. We may also collect some Personal Information automatically.
- Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Mailing/physical address
- Telephone number
- Credit card number
- User name
- Date of birth
- “Usage Data,” which is data collected automatically, generated by either the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit or your transaction history)
- Information from Social Media: When you interact with us or our Website on a social media platform, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, and other information included in your posts
- Location Information
- “Non-Personal Information” does not personally identify you. We may collect non-personal information, which can for instance be
- information about your location,
- information about your device, browser, pages viewed,
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies, and other data.
- Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use, share and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
This website is intended for use only by persons 18 years of age or older. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information online from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a person under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records. We also recommend that parents monitor their children’s Internet activities in a manner consistent with their parent/guardian’s preferences.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. For example, we use your information to fulfill your orders and requests for information, analyze and compile trends and statistics, and communicate with you. When you provide us with an email address through which we may contact you, you expressly acknowledge that we may use your email address to communicate with you about product offerings from us, our selected vendors, and partners.
We may use your information
- To communicate with you about your Customer Account, profile, or transactions with us, or changes to our policies or terms, to provide customer support, and to manage and fulfill your online transactions;
- To track use of the Website, to perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of Website users and usage patterns;
- To send you newsletters or other materials, and offers or communications about our products and services, such as features and enhancements on or to our Website, special or promotional events, including services, products, or events for which we collaborate or co-offer with a third party;
- To send you emails about products you browsed or selected, as we may use “browse abandon” and “cart abandon” tracking functions;
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- To post user generated content provided by users;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be unauthorized, fraudulent, or illegal;
- For other business purposes including providing, maintaining, and improving our Website, products, services and operations;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, and our policies. We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law.
We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records.
We may engage third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, content management, and analytics, for instance to help us track and understand how visitors use our Website. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information when needed to perform their functions.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and how we use your information.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information: We will honor any legal right that you have to access, modify or erase your Personal Information. If you would like to request access, modification, correction, or deletion of Personal Information that you have provided to us or that you believe we may have collected about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity. In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete personal information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Opting Out of Marketing and Promotional Communications: You can opt-out of receiving promotional and other marketing communications from us (1) by following the directions in such communications (such as using the “unsubscribe” feature in our marketing emails or replying “STOP” to a text message), or (2) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot opt-out of receiving notifications and other communications regarding your account or your transactions.
Site Analytics: You can learn about the options available to limit third parties’ collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Website or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
Tracking Technology, And Interest-Based Advertising: You also have choices to limit some tracking mechanisms that collect information when you use the Website. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our Website, including the Website itself, may not function properly or remain accessible to you. In addition, you may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting or removing their associated cookies. Note that if you choose to remove cookies, you may remove opt-out cookies that affect your advertising preferences.
We do not control third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website not operated by us to which our Website links or that link to our Website.
Do Not Track Notice: Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality through which users can set a preference. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Please note that our Online Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable security measures to help protect the personal information collected through our Website. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information that you transmit to us or view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
WARNING AND DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE IN PUBLIC AREAS
Any information you share in public areas of the Website becomes public and anyone may take and use that information. Bytewrthy Inc. cannot control who views information that you post in public areas of the Website and is not responsible for how third parties, including other users may use or disclose information that you post in public areas of the Website or otherwise share with other users or third parties.
We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit in public areas or through interactive features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Website even after you cease use of the Website.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you use our Website outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information in, the United States and elsewhere. The laws in the U.S. and these countries regarding personal information may be different than the laws of your state or country.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of the State of California may request once a year a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
In addition, upon verifiable written request
- we will provide to you information regarding the personal information we gather about you, the types of sources from which we obtain the information, the purposes for which the information is gathered, and the types of third parties with which we share or to whom (if any) we sell the information.
- within periods (if any) set by applicable law, we will grant you reasonable access to copies or other compilations of the personally identifiable information that we hold about you provided that you establish to our reasonable satisfaction that you are the person whose personal information is requested. We will compile and provide such information clearly, electronically or in printed form, at our discretion and in a way consistent with the way we maintain your personally identifiable information in the ordinary course of our business. We may impose a reasonable charge when a request is made (e.g., for photocopying or postage) to the extent permitted under applicable law.
We will not discriminate against consumers who exercise their rights under California law.
Corrections / Amendments / Deletions of Information
You may request the discontinuation (or opt-out) of our sharing of the information with third parties for their own marketing purposes and/or that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your California Privacy Rights Request (see below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless applicable law permits or requires us to maintain that information.
You may request that we take reasonable steps to permit you to correct or amend personally identifiable information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Please submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) by emailing us at email@example.com with a subject line of “California Privacy Rights Request”. For each California Privacy Rights Request, please clearly state a) sufficient detail of your request such that it allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it, b) your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and email address; and c) whether you wish to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We may deny such access where the denial is permitted by applicable law and every request from an individual will be assessed on a case by case basis. In the event a request is denied, we will notify you regarding the reasons for the denial in writing. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we will require sufficient information to allow us to confirm the identity of the individual making the request before granting access to or deleting such individual’s information.
For questions about our Privacy Notice, to make choices about receiving promotional communications, to update your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.